careers at LWA
At LWA, we combine technical expertise and creativity with a strong commitment to understanding and meeting the needs of our clients. Our expertise includes environmental and chemical engineering, database management, GIS, numerical modeling, aquatic toxicology, water quality monitoring, statistical analysis, data quality assurance, pollution prevention, technical report preparation, graphic design, and public outreach. We serve our clients on a broad range of projects ranging from traditional water and wastewater engineering to highly specialized water quality, stormwater, and watershed management services. LWA staff combine in-depth knowledge of environmental regulations with engineering and science skills to provide high-quality products and services in an increasingly complex regulatory environment.
We are a small, family-owned business based in Davis, California. Our company is organized into self-directed teams that provide opportunities for employees to take responsibility for their own career path, work on diverse and interesting projects, and assume leadership roles from day one. LWA is committed to our values of passion for excellence, caring, building meaningful relationships, forward thinking, and serving the public good, and our successful employees embody the behaviors that support those values. LWA is known for our expertise in the environmental consulting field as well as the great care we take of our clients and employees alike.
What We Offer
- Ample opportunities to play multiple roles, work on diverse projects, and identify and lead initiatives that contribute to LWA’s success;
- A culture that encourages employees to leverage their unique skills in achieving the company’s goals;
- A family-like environment in which employees support each other both personally and professionally;
- A strong emphasis on professional development, including training and mentoring programs;
- An excellent benefits package including employer-paid health insurance premiums, a fully funded profit-sharing retirement program, an annual bonus program, flexible paid vacation time, paid sick leave, 10 paid holidays each year, an annual training budget, and hybrid work arrangements.