City of Los Angeles Bureau of Sanitation
LWA has provided the City of Los Angeles (City) Bureau of Sanitation (LASAN) with regulatory consulting services since the late 1990s. LWA has supported the City develop effective policy and technical solutions for their wastewater and stormwater programs, including the following wastewater program support:
- Negotiations on NPDES permits for all three of the City’s inland water reclamation plants and one ocean outfall plant, including: Review and comment on all Tentative NPDES permits since 1998, conduct Reasonable Potential Analysis (RPA) and calculation of effluent limitations, review of monitoring requirements.
- Development of ammonia and copper water-effect ratio studies that were adopted by the State and accepted by USEPA.
- Completion of dilution modeling for the Terminal Island Water Reclamation Plant (TIWRP) resulting in the application of dilution credits.
- Completion of a Title 22 Engineering Report for the expansion of the TIWRP Advanced Water Treatment Facility.
- Conducting review of and comment on Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs).